With DirectAdmin, you can choose the File Manager within the control panel to upload files from your computer to web server or create an FTP account in DirectAdmin first, then use an FTP client to upload files to server. The online file upload manage however limit the max file size to 10M. If you need to upload a file larger than 10mb or need to batch upload many files, you should use an FTP client instead.
You can follow these steps to create an FTP Account in DirectAdmin control panel:
Login to DirectAdmin using your account username and its password from a web browser. Under the Your Account section, find and click on FTP Management link.
All your existing FTP accounts will be listed in this page. You will see the Create New FTP Account link above the FTP list.
Click on this link to open a page like this. It will ask you to provide the following details:
- FTP Username: appended with your selected domain, like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FTP password: Password of the FTP user, you can click the Random to allow DirectAdmin panel choose a random strong password for you.
- FTP account directory: Select the path for your FTP account directory.
- Domain: Ftp account with the root directory in the domains home directory (one up from the public_html)
- Ftp: Ftp account with the root directory in the domains public_ftp directory
- User: Ftp account with the root directory as the users name in the public_html directory
- Custom: /home/username
Mouse on the above options to show the exact FTP directory if you are not sure which option to choose. If you don’t have multiple people using the same hosting account, you can choose the Custom directory or manually set custom path for your server.
Click on Create button to create FTP account on your server through DirectAdmin Hosting Control Panel.