Google Site Kit for WordPress is a plugin which helps you access various useful Google tools, Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, Speed, all in one place for easier access and site administration, from the WordPress dashboard. It is official from Google and totally free to use.
Google Site Kit for WordPress features
- Support multiple Google products, Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, Speed, Tag Manager, Optimize.
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to edit the source code of your site
- Metrics for your entire site and for individual posts
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions across WordPress and different Google products
- WordPress version 4.7 or higher;
- PHP version 5.6 or higher
Install & Set up
You just need to go through the standard process of installing WordPress plugins. Log in to the Dashboard of your WordPress site. Go to Plugins > Add New, search “Site Kit”, then install and activate it.
Once you activate the plugin from WordPress dashboard, you’ll be prompted to start its setup process. Basically what you need to do is just to grant Site Kit plugin the access to your Google accounts.
Make sure to setup your Google services, such as Google Analytics, AdSense and Search Console, before you setting up Google Site Kit or connecting them from WordPress dashboard.