WampServer is a Windows web development environment Apache, MySQL and PHP. WampServer installs automatically all you need to start developing web applications and is very intuitive to use.
How to use Wampserver?
Open a internet browser, Edge, IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and go to the URL http://localhost to access your local website.
The “www” directory will be automatically created under the wampserver installation folder. You can put all your site files in this directory, or create subdirectories in “www” for different websites and put your web files inside them.
Create and manage databases using phpMyAdmin from http://localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php. Login database server using root without password.
Find WampServer little icon on the bottom right of the Taskbar, left click on it to:
- manage your Apache and MySQL services
- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- manage your servers settings
- access your logs
- access your settings files
- create alias
Right click on it to:
- change WampServer’s menu language
- access this page